Due to the overwhelming response, I have had to close the application for my test-gardener program for 2021-2022. I may take new applications in the summer or fall of 2022.
Thanks so much for your interest in my test-gardener program. I’m looking to connect with Hayefield customers in a variety of climates, with a range of plant interests, and with a range of germination skill levels to help me improve my seed offerings. That includes:
- Confirming that the seeds (both those I currently sell and new, not-commercially-available strains that I am trying to stabilize) are true to type
- Testing the germination information I provide for current site offerings
- Providing germination and performance feedback on seeds I don’t yet sell
- Giving me your opinion on the flavor of edible crops
This a new thing for me, so right now, the organization is kind of informal. Here’s what I’m thinking:
- If you are interested in participating, fill out the questionnaire (the password is TESTSEEDS) to help me best match the test seeds with your interests, climate, and skill level.
- The next time you place an order, I will include at least one packet of seeds for you to test, along with a note about what sort of information I’m hoping to learn about them.
- At some point next summer or fall, I will email you to find out how the seeds performed for you.
There’s no membership fee required to participate. And hey, I know things happen, so if you end up not growing the seeds, or the seedlings get critter damaged, or you don’t have time to let me know how they turned out, that’s fine. But I’ve found it so valuable to get feedback through reviews that I’d really like to gather as much information as I can from my valued customers. And in return, I hope you will enjoy the plants you end up with!
At this point, I’m not sure how many test gardeners I’ll be able to work with, but if the questionnaire link is live, the program is still open to new participants. Please note that this offer is available only to gardeners with U.S. addresses.
Hayefield Test Gardener Questionnaire
Again, the password is TESTSEEDS.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email me. Thanks so much!
Nan Ondra, Hayefield